If you are a property owner experienced foundation issues caused by soil erosion, Ground Works Solutions utilizes the foundation repair industry’s most innovative application for foundation lifting and foundation leveling. This minimally invasive injection application helps densify and compact the soils beneath the slabs to adequately support the structure and increase its overall weight-bearing capacity.
This foundation repair solution is cost-effective and requires no excavation. Utilizing the patented URETEK Method and Deep Injection Process, Ground Works will inject geotechnical polymers deep into the soils underneath the slab or foundation. The polymer will aggressively seeks out voids, like how water seeks the path of least resistance. After a few short minutes the polymer reacts and begins to expand throughout the voids and the weak points in the soil. The polymer expands up to 15 times its original volume and then hardens to create a densified and compacted layer that can now support the weight of the above structure.
This process can be used to stabilize the foundation against future settlement. It can also be used to lift and level the foundation by expanding the soil upward. The URETEK polymers can be injected into a variety of challenging environments due to its hydro-insensitive (unaffected by water) nature and being environmentally inert (does not cause harm to the environment.)
These challenging environmental conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Wet and saturated conditions
- Environmentally sensitive environments
- Contaminated soils
- Soils with presence of peat
- Sandy and highly granulated soils
Benefits of the URETEK injection process:
- Small footprint – ½” holes around and through the foundation
- Quick installation – polymers set up to 95% within 15 minutes of injection
- Environmentally safe – Polymers are environmentally inert and have no impact
- Cost-effective – the most effective solution at the lowest cost
- Effective solution for settlement – other solutions do not effectively deal with the settlement of foundation support soils, they help stabilize the structure in the short-term without ensuring the soil does not continue to erode away from the structure.
- Light-weight – does not exacerbate the problem with support soils by adding too much weight to the area, unlike other soil compaction technologies