Ground Works utilizes the URETEK Method’s soil stabilization solution, which is the foundation repair industry’s most innovative application for foundation lifting and foundation leveling. The minimally invasive injection application helps densify and compact the soils beneath the slabs to adequately support the structure and increase its overall weight-bearing capacity.
This foundation repair solution is cost-effective and requires no excavation. Once injected, the polymer aggressively seeks out voids, like how water seeks the path of least resistance. After a few short minutes the polymer reacts and begins to expand throughout the voids and the weak points in the soil. The polymer expands up to 15 times its original volume and then hardens to create a densified and compacted layer that can now support the weight of the above structure.
This process can be used to stabilize the foundation against future settlement. It can also be used to lift and level the foundation by expanding the soil upward. The URETEK polymers can be injected into a variety of challenging environments due to its hydro-insensitive (unaffected by water) nature and being environmentally inert (does not cause harm to the environment), including:
- Wet and saturated conditions
- Environmentally sensitive environments
- Contaminated soils
- Soils with presence of peat
- Sandy and highly granulated soils
Benefits of the URETEK injection process:
- Small footprint – Half-inch holes around and through the foundation
- Quick installation – Polymers set up to 95% within 15 minutes of injection
- Environmentally safe – Polymers are environmentally inert and have no impact
- Cost-effective – The most effective solution at the lowest cost
- Effective solution for settlement – Other solutions do not effectively deal with the settlement of foundation support soils, they help stabilize the structure in the short-term without ensuring the soil does not continue to erode away from the structure.
- Light-weight – Does not exacerbate the problem with support soils by adding too much weight to the area, unlike other soil compaction technologies.
Ground Works offers non-traditional solutions for silo repair and the rehabilitation of silo conveyance tunnels. Our process can save tens of thousands of dollars in repairs and fix the problem quickly and precisely, resulting in limited impact to facility operations.
Ground Works uses a unique approach for stabilizing loose soils around access and conveyance tunnels and underneath foundations. We accomplish this by injecting URETEK’s two-part expanding polyurethane polymer that actively seeks out voids and then binds and stabilizes the soils. This process can be used to increase the weight-bearing capacity of the soil, externally seal tunnels, and lift and realign structures.
We offer the following silo repair services:
- Tunnel sealing and encapsulation
- Increase load-bearing capacity of soil
- Soil stabilization and densification
- Foundation stabilization
- Foundation realignment
- Void filling
- Infrastructure rehabilitation
Drive Lane Stabilization
Over time, drive lanes for transportation facilities can undergo severe stress due to excessive weight, water intrusion or geological conditions that result in loss of soils, all of which weaken the slab’s support soils. The result can be sinking or unlevel slabs, rocking slabs, cracked slabs, or damage to equipment. Ground Works Solutions specializes in improving the weight-bearing capacity of loosely compacted subsoils.