How City and County Governments Can Work With Property Owners to Prepare for Storm Season
Spring rains are already coming hard and fast. In fact, the first Atlantic tropical storm of 2015 (Ana) hit landfall in South Carolina in May, even though hurricane season does not officially begin until June 1.
During the past week, Texas and Oklahoma have experienced massive and devastating flooding from torrential rains. While the rainfall has put an end to the drought that has plagued Texas for the past five years, the loss of life and damage to personal property, the infrastructure and the environment has devastated the region.
Just as we’ve seen with the flooding in Texas this past week, heavy rainfall can lead to numerous hazards, including flooding and landslides, which puts human lives at risk, causes damage to buildings and our infrastructure, and destroys crops and livestock. In preparation for rainy season, it’s important to understand the risk and damage that high water events can cause and how…
Safety 101 at Uretek
What are the top 10 safety tips that Uretek uses on every job site?
10. Understand and meet all OSHA standards at all times, including the correct use of all safety equipment.
9. All hazardous materials are stored in an appropriate container and in a safe place.
8. All Uretek rigs have a fully stocked first aid kit on board at all times.
7. Training on what to do in case of an emergency on a job site, including power failures, or injuries.
6. Barricade the public from the working area.
5. Continuous training on the correct use of electrical power tools
4. Daily inspection of all equipment to make sure that everything is operational and working properly.
3. Provide personal protective equipment for employees working in the field, including a hard hat, goggles/face shield, gloves, earplugs, and other safety equipment, when required.
2. Employees trained to identify workplace hazards and hazardous materials before starting a project, including underground obstacles and hazards.
1. Provide mandatory refresher training…