Author: Robert Armstead
When is Polyurethane Grout an effective Rehabilitation Option?
The use of polyurethane grout injection for soil densification and structural rehabilitation has been revolutionizing the way public works managers and building managers think about rehabilitation vs. replacement. Due to cost-effectiveness and innovations in injection techniques, the viability of the solution has been “fast expanding” and the applications are spanning across a variety of uses, such as roadway lifting, manhole and joint sealing, dam seepage barriers, seawall stabilization, and building foundation realignment. The question is, when does polyurethane grout make sense as a rehabilitation solution?
As you can imagine, this question is filled with a ton of variables, but we will try our best to identify typical rehabilitation opportunities and questions you should ask yourself around overall viability.
1.) Is the issue repairable via polyurethane injection?
Seeking a Technical Sales Representative, South Florida
Ground Works Solutions, Inc., is an innovator in geotechnical stabilization using injectable polymer solutions. We are currently seeking a Technical Sales Representative to support our well-established initiative in South Florida. This is a full-time position which offers a competitive base salary plus commissioned sales incentives.
- Responsible for sales, estimating, proposals and project development related tasks
- Develops the business and searches for new opportunities and clients
- Maintains existing relationships with our customers
- Develop and manage the short- and long-term project pipeline
- Collaborates with clients to develop creative solutions to mitigate challenging soil conditions
- Performs site visits and meet the customer to identify their specific needs and determine the scope and extent of work
- Reviews and interprets civil, structural, transportation and geotechnical construction documents
- Prepares geotechnical stabilization designs, cost estimates and technical proposals for ground stabilization solutions
- Communicates with Contractors, Clients, Engineers and Architects to advance the sales process and close the contract
- Makes technical presentations to…
Happy Holidays from Ground Works Solutions!
Tony Alfano is elected Chair of ASCE – New Jersey Section, COPRI
Tony Alfano, Project Engineer for New Jersey and New York for Ground Works Solutions, was elected the Chair of COPRI for the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)’s New Jersey Section.
COPRI (Coastal, Oceans, Ports & Rivers Institute) is a semi-autonomous institute of ASCE, that serves as a multidisciplinary and international leader in improving knowledge, education, development and the practice of civil engineering and other disciplines in the sustainable management of coastal, ocean, port, waterways, riverine and wetlands resources for the benefit of society.
COPRI serves its membership and society by uniting the disciplines working to sustainably develop, protect and restore coasts, oceans, ports, waterways, rivers and wetlands; integrating the key stakeholders into decision making processes; advancing technological state of art and practice; and influencing public policy. Tony will begin…
Ground Works Solutions’ Sales Engineer, Aaron Rogers, Earns P.E. Certification
Congratulations are in order for Ground Works Solutions’ Sales Engineer Aaron Rogers, who recently earned his Professional Engineering certification in the State of Kentucky. Aaron leads the sales and business development efforts for GWS in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, and has facilitated the design and execution of many unique and successful projects. Aaron has recently been featured in several high profile project videos by GWS, including the Kentucky International Convention Center and the Cincinnati Union Terminal soil bearing capacity increase projects.
Aaron has been part of the GWS team for nearly 4 year and previously held the position of geotechnical engineer for Thelen Associates Inc. specializing in commercial, residential, and roadway foundations. Aaron graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Bachelor of Science in Civil…